Testosterone means trouble
* Girls outperform boys at all levels from Early Years Foundation Stage to higher education.
* Boys are more likely than girls to have a mental disorder. Among five- to 10-year-olds, 10 per cent of boys and 5 per cent of girls had a mental disorder. Among 11-16 year olds, the proportions were 13 per cent for boys and 10 per cent for girls.
* Suicide, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour, "disappearing" from home, homelessness and a variety of behavioural problems are all more common in males. Men are also more likely to exhibit personality disorders.
* 95 percent of the prison population in the UK is male.
* Young men aged 16 to 24 are most at risk of becoming a victim of violent crime.
* Eating disorders are becoming more common in boys and men.